Thursday, November 19, 2009

Political Rant #11: Corruption in Afganistan? Oh My!

Does it strike anyone out there as odd that our government has discovered "corruption" in Afghanistan? It seems like a long way to go for such a discovery. What's more, unless the Afghans clean up their act, we may not fight the Al Qaeda-sheltering Taliban any more. I do not know how this situation affects you, but I feel a sick headache coming on. A fist full of Valium washed down with a tumbler of good whiskey might help.


I am what they call "Too Small to Notice," but I believe a massive search might reveal a trace of corruption right here at home. Oh, wait. I got that backwards. Make that a "trace of a search" and "massive corruption." We are two elections away from Congressmen wearing price tags on their sleeves and we will not do business with Afghanistan because THEY are corrupt.

At least we have plenty of native experts in the subject on whom we may rely.

Hey, Sam. Pour me another!

No comments:

Post a Comment