Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene? I Rain!

...

It seems cruel that every channel out of two-hundred plus choices is covering hurricane Irene.  Poor New York.  It gets all that rain (mebbe) and it is going to waste, while we have barely enough water to frac our oil wells.  It ain’t fair, I tells ya.
Luckily, I found a “Stooge-a-Thon” on an obscure channel this morning.  I shall limit my viewing to that channel until the weekend is over.  Monday will be soon enough to learn if my wish that Washington, D.C. washed down the Potomac River and out to sea came true.  My other wish is that the Congress would rush back into emergency session this afternoon, while there is still time to join the buildings and monuments.

I know it is a faint hope.  It is going to be 106 again today.  The sprinkle of rain we received last week sizzled like spit on a hot griddle when it reached the ground.  Sometimes, a faint hope is the difference between hanging-on and simply hanging.
Even in despair, I remain a man of action.  This afternoon, I promised myself I would shop for a sailboat.  See you at sea! 
...

8 comments:

  1. Better hold off on that boat Hanko......long weather forecast sees little rain and more triple digits thriugh September. And, we will repeat all of this next summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You misunderestimate me, old friend. The "boat" is going call San Diego or Hawaii home. When the going here gets hot, the wise get going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meanwhile...those inane reporters are standing out in the pouring rain, just about to be swept to sea..."There isn't a soul out tonight." one of them said. Duh. Hint. Drives me
    crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the faith. One day a rogue wave will rise up and our dreams shall be realized! :)

    H
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good observation , Hank. Way too much coverage.
    And those weather people standing in the wind and rain! Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anon,
    In fairness, it was Anon. who originally brought up the "inane reporters" challenging nature to wash them to Europe. I merely jumped on the band wagon. "C'mon, Mother Nature!" HB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to be the first to apply for the 1st mate position aboard said boat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Eric, I already have someone in mind. How about ship's cook? (Mmmmm.) Hank

    ReplyDelete