Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Peaceful Backyard Interlude


I bet you're wondering what the terror of Texas' back roads does on his day off.  Well, wonder no more.  Here's the skinny.



I began my day at the crack of nine.  Breakfast was Corn Chex and green tea.  Then, I launched an assault on three very ugly Cedars (Junipers, actually) in my backyard.  They've been on my hit list for several months.  Today, their numbers came up.  Two of them were easy.  They grew at the margin of my property and leaned toward the creek that crosses my property.  A little chainsaw persuasion and they took a dive into the chasm.  Now, they are God's problem. 

The next flood will recycle them, someplace.  The third was a struggle.  I got most of it chopped into manageable bits before I decided to call it a day.  No sense making a sickness of these chores, I always say.

Then, showered and re-dressed, I retired to my patio, camera in hand, to relax and refresh after an arduous morning.  While there, I noticed several critters that frequent my "Wild Kingdom Lunch Counter."  I experimented with photographing the little darlings and even made a video. It is below this post.

Check it out.  It is different from the pavement-melting motorcycle videos.  I guarantee four minutes of mind-numbing peace and tranquility.

Enjoy!

PS:  Let me know your preference.  Cute bunnies or Hell's Angel on Wheels.


5 comments:

  1. I'll take twisting roads over watching a squirrel play with his nuts any day. But I'm glad your giving the cycle a rest. I worry about your high-speed tourism. BR

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...
    Stay tuned for the sequel:

    "A Peaceful Backyard Interlude with a Gun"

    :)
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank, I was thorougly enjoying your Backyard interlude, thinking we don't take enough time to enjoy God creatures, etc and then read about the sequel!!! I'm laughing out loud and can't stop!! Barb
    PS...I can remember you guys taking pot shots and the local wildlife on Timbergrove!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...
    God's creatures are particularly enjoyable with corn on the cob and potato salad.
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. regarding frontal view of nut eater....shoot the fuzzy critter, get it stuffed and mount it on the front fender. stencil on your tank: Cute critter from hell. GW

    ReplyDelete